- RSS Channel Showcase 3494275
- RSS Channel Showcase 5189213
- RSS Channel Showcase 6449476
- RSS Channel Showcase 9937565
Articles on this Page
- 03/17/17--08:09: _Taughannock House H...
- 04/13/17--13:45: _Robert H. Treman St...
- 05/04/17--04:45: _Falls and a Fort in...
- 08/25/17--18:12: _Boat Tour on Cayuga...
- 09/07/17--08:21: _Minnehaha Falls
- 10/27/17--15:14: _Smith Woods: Old Gr...
- 12/08/17--07:52: _Waterfalls in Schuy...
- 12/15/17--06:09: _Owasco Lake
- 12/21/17--04:50: _Watkins Glen Reside...
- 12/28/17--14:29: _Watkins Glen Reside...
- 01/24/18--18:29: _Bear Trail Winter
- 02/08/18--18:56: _From Gorges to Wetl...
- 03/17/18--05:09: _Gorges in Stereo
- 03/22/18--15:28: _When Cayuga Froze Over
- 03/17/17--08:09: Taughannock House Hotel
- 04/13/17--13:45: Robert H. Treman State Park: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
- 05/04/17--04:45: Falls and a Fort in Niagara, Ontario
- 08/25/17--18:12: Boat Tour on Cayuga Lake
- 09/07/17--08:21: Minnehaha Falls
- 10/27/17--15:14: Smith Woods: Old Growth Woodland in T-burg
- 12/08/17--07:52: Waterfalls in Schuyler County
- 12/15/17--06:09: Owasco Lake
- 12/21/17--04:50: Watkins Glen Resident Artist, Capt. James Hope, Part 1
- 12/28/17--14:29: Watkins Glen Resident Artist, Capt. James Hope, Part 2
- 01/24/18--18:29: Bear Trail Winter
- 02/08/18--18:56: From Gorges to Wetlands
- 03/17/18--05:09: Gorges in Stereo
- 03/22/18--15:28: When Cayuga Froze Over
As many as 2 million people visit the Taughannock Falls Overlook each year, in Taughannock Falls State Park in the Finger Lakes Region of New York State Parks; but few realize that a century ago a beautiful 2 1/2 story … Continue reading
In this episode (164) of Walk in the Park, Jim Brophy, Park Manager for Robert H. Treman State Park, gives us a summary of the history of the park, some of the recent projects and accomplishments, and some of the … Continue reading
Most of us experience the Niagara Falls area from the American side. In this episode (165) of Walk in the Park we spend some time on the Canadian side, visiting the stupendous waterfall, but also we take a trip into … Continue reading
The MV Haendel of Ithaca Boat Tours has resumed its cruises this season! Take a virtual cruise (greatly enhanced with visuals) from the Ithaca Farmers Market in this encore episode 111 of Walk in the Park produced two years ago. … Continue reading
Minnehaha Falls is in Minneapolis, right? Yes, but Watkins Glen State Park has its own Minnehaha Falls, and it’s one of the most distinctive little waterfalls in the glen. See its story here in this episode (#175) of Walk in … Continue reading
Join two authors of a new book about Trumansburg, NY’s Smith Woods, along with a local historian, on an interpretive tour through this unusual old growth forest and its history and ecology, in this episode 176 of Walk in the … Continue reading
The valley south of Seneca Lake (known as Catharine Valley) in the Finger Lakes is rich with valley-side waterfalls, much as Inlet Valley south of Cayuga Lake is. In this episode (181) of Walk in the Park, we visit several … Continue reading
In this episode (182) of Walk in the Park, we visit Owasco Lake, the Finger Lake directly east of Cayuga Lake. We look at the Owasco Lake watershed. Then we visit Fillmore Glen State Park in the valley of the … Continue reading
From 1872 until his death in 1892, landscape artist Capt. James Hope had an art gallery next to the gorge of Watkins Glen. A lesser known figure of the Hudson River School of landscape painters, Hope captured the beauty of … Continue reading
In this encore episode (#131) of Walk in the Park, we complete our story of Capt. James Hope and his art gallery on the rim of the gorge called Watkins Glen from 1872 to 1892. You also can watch Part … Continue reading
This week, we begin with a peek at high water in the gorge of Buttermilk Glen in Buttermilk Falls State Park. Then we go for a hike in the snow on the “Bear Trail” in the upper park. Finally, we … Continue reading
Join host Tony Ingraham to explore Cavern Cascade and Glen Obscura in Watkins Glen State Park, winter at the marsh at Lake Treman in Buttermilk Falls State Park, “Icy Cascadilla” Gorge in Ithaca, and fall and winter at the marsh … Continue reading
In the late 1800s and early 1900s, photographers made stereographs of countless scenes throughout the country, including our beautiful gorges of the Finger Lakes region of central NY State. Using a stereoscope, a viewer could see a 3D image. Now … Continue reading
Walk in the Park encore episode 100, from March 2015, is now playing. Three years ago, we had the coldest February on record in the Finger Lakes region and most of the lakes froze over. The larger lakes, Cayuga and … Continue reading